Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact Membership@thecnm.org for the code if you don't know it!
- This event has passed.
Taking the FEAR out of Feedback
November 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Feedback is a necessary part of supervision. While most organizations perform the mandatory yearly performance appraisal, many companies are moving towards a more on-going feedback approach with shortened reviews or project status meetings every 90 days. Have you ever struggled to deliver feedback to employees? How about the struggle to receive feedback without being defensive? This workshop will focus on all types of feedback including strategies on how to give feedback regularly, how to receive it masterfully, and the best strategies for conducting on-going feedback within your organization.
- Identify the impact of on-going feedback for yourself and your employees
- Recognize the elements that create impactful feedback
- Identify the elements needed for “fast feedback” conversations
- Evaluate current feedback strategies
- Discover how emotional intelligence can allow you to receive feedback with mastery
- Define opportunities for positive impact
- Develop an Action Plan for implementing ongoing feedback immediately
- F.E.A.R. of Feedback – Facts, Emotions, Actions, Responsibilities
- Types of Feedback – Fast Feedback, 90-Day Goal Discussions, Performance Appraisals
- Receiving Feedback – Emotional Intelligence, Behavior-Based Language
- Action Plans – Evaluate, Implement, Assess
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 3 hours
Cost: $65 member/$115 non-member
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class date. All registrations are subject for approval.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Stevie Dawn Blakely serves as CEO and Founder of Stevie Dawn Inspires and Orange Compass. In this role, she is responsible for developing and facilitating group training and individual executive coaching to organizations and individuals. Stevie Dawn brings a variety of experience in the corporate, non-profit, and governmental sectors. She has owned multiple small businesses and specializes in Emotional Intelligence strategies for the workplace. She received her Ph.D. in Leadership from Colorado State University and enjoys challenging people to change their workplace behaviors.