ATTENTION – CNM is pleased to announce we are offering our public seminars online via Zoom. In addition, we are going to begin curating a collection of on-demand public seminars that can be purchased and downloaded to view on your own schedule. We look forward to serving you and meeting your needs for professional development in new, innovative ways.
Due to current CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19, CNM has put our in-person public seminars and certificate programs on hold.
Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact email@example.com for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
Social Media: Risk & Reward
August 14, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Social Media allows nonprofits to communicate with stakeholders in ways we never imagined just a few years ago! If used strategically, it can advance our mission and reach audiences that have previously been inaccessible. However, there are serious risks and potential legal pitfalls and if used improperly, social media can hurt your organization and even threaten your 501(c)(3) status.
Do you know your legal obligations and rights? Does your organization have effective and appropriate internal, external and personal use policies and control?
Are you using the different social media platforms strategically? Are you advancing your mission? Are you reaching your goals? How do you know?
This training session will provide valuable information and tools for those who want to take their social media use to the next level while keeping their organization out of legal hot water.
• Examine what it means to strategically use social media.
• Develop the skill of being useful to, rather than directing stakeholders through the effective use of social media platforms.
• Learn how to set goals and measure outcomes.
• Gain a greater understanding of your legal rights, obligations and risks.
• Understand how to create effective internal, external and personal use social media policies.
1. Legal issues to consider when using social media.
2. Social Media policies
3. Strategic use of social media to advance mission.
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom – lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises
Social Worker CEU Credits: 3 hours
$65 members / $115 non-members
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class date. All registrations are subject for approval.