ATTENTION – CNM is pleased to announce we are offering our public seminars online via Zoom. In addition, we are going to begin curating a collection of on-demand public seminars that can be purchased and downloaded to view on your own schedule. We look forward to serving you and meeting your needs for professional development in new, innovative ways.
Due to current CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19, CNM has put our in-person public seminars and certificate programs on hold.
Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact email@example.com for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
August 20, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Whether for 2 minutes or 42 minutes, we must be able to communicate our message effectively. All of us participate in some form of public speaking. Whether it be speaking to your boss about a new product line, pitching your business to a group of investors or just trying to get your team on the same page, you should be able to communicate your message effectively. You want to engage and inspire your audience. You want to be able to persuade and influence those around you.
This workshop will cover the three phases of public speaking with tips and techniques to push you outside of your comfort zone and into the spotlight. All the strategies work whether you are in a one-on-one meeting or presenting to a large group. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with others in a safe and fun environment to learn how to be a more dynamic speaker!
- Understand the basics of Public Speaking
- Learn how to craft an engaging message
- Identify different presentation and learning styles to communicate effectively
- Evaluate current public speaking strengths
- Explore different strategies for engagement
- Basics of Public Speaking
- Discuss 4 basic tenets of public speaking
- Explore the good, the bad, and the ugly about speaking
- Discuss the importance of planning and preparation for a presentation
- Evaluate current planning process and identify areas for improvement
- Explore what makes a “superstar” presenter in terms of verbal, visual, and vocal techniques
- Critique personal delivery through partner-practice
- Define what makes a dynamic presenter.
- Discuss best practices to engage and influence those around you
- Action Plan
- Create a personal action plan for improving public speaking moving forward
Program Level: Basic/Intermediate
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 3 hours
Cost: $65 Member; $115 Non-member
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class date. All registrations are subject for approval.