Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact Membership@thecnm.org for the code if you don't know it!
Nonprofit Board Member Essentials
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This seminar will provide fundamental principles and best practices for nonprofit board service.
Vital topics covered include:
Board roles and responsibilities; legal obligations of the board
- Best practice board building strategies, including recruitment and orientation
- Use of committees and committee charters
- Strategies for effective meetings
- The board’s role in fundraising
Who should attend?
- Nonprofit staff members who want a deeper understanding of the board’s role
- New nonprofit board members
- Existing nonprofit board members seeking a clearer understanding of their role
- Understand the legal obligations of nonprofit board service
- Outline board building strategies
- Define fundraising elements of a board member
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Cost: $65 members / $115 non-members
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Thomas Hutter, Senior Consultant for CNM, brings a professional background of more than 27 years with corporate and nonprofit experience including: process improvement coaching, volunteer and program management, program development, training and facilitation, staff development, nonprofit board development and training, and executive recruiting experience. He has prior experience with CONTACT Crisis Line, Kiran Analytics, Peterson Consulting (a Division of Navigant Consulting), and a Vice President at Bank of America where he served in a variety of leadership roles. His work has been recognized with the Bank of America Spirit Award of Excellence and a Community Council of Greater Dallas Distinguished Human Services Professional Award Nominee.
Thomas has a BS in Business Administration from the University of Texas at Dallas. In addition, Thomas has a long history of service across many nonprofit organizations and has served on numerous international service and immersion delegations.