Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
Creating Compelling Messages that Engage Donors and Raise Money SOLD OUT!
November 20, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Successful fundraising depends on compelling messages. Vision, mission and values statements are essential, but are not substantive enough to compel a prospect to give. Strategic plans are vital, but not compelling to read. How, then, do we talk compellingly to prospects and donors? How can we ensure the messages communicated by board and staff members are consistent? And finally, how do we deliver compelling messages that create empathy and motivate prospects and donors to action?
- Demonstrates constituency mapping, a tool for understanding different like-minded groups in an organization’s universe
- Explores a powerful formula for creating compelling messages that give prospects and donors the information they really want
- Applies this formula to logic models, impact speeches and the case for support
- Allows you to create and practice your own impact speech
- Explores logic model, impact speech and case for support samples
As a result, participants will leave this session knowing how to create compelling, consistent messages that board and staff members can use to motivate prospects and donors to action.
- Learn how to create a constituency map
- Understand a powerful messaging formula
- Explore logic models, impact speeches and case statements
- Create and practice an impact speech
- Examine sample logic models, impact speeches and case statements
- Fundraising & marketing
- Constituency mapping
- Logic models
- Impact speeches
- The case for support
Program Level: All levels
Prerequisites: Creating a Culture of Philanthropy
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom – lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises
Cost: $65 members/$115 non-members