Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact Membership@thecnm.org for the code if you don't know it!
Managing Organizational Culture
June 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Cultivating a positive culture in any organization is often a huge challenge if you don’t have the right skills and tools to initiate that change. This course will provide leaders with specific ideas about what they can do, and what they can influence colleagues and subordinates to do in order to enable the day-to-day practices and procedures to be more aligned with the cultural values of their organization.
The session is designed to gain an understanding of “culture” and specifically “organizational culture”. Participants will also gain knowledge and techniques for diagnosing the culture of their organization.
- The importance of having a strong organizational culture
- Definitions of organizational culture
- How to tie culture change to specific business objectives
- Factors that shape organizational culture
- Identify key actions and plans you need to create an action plan
- Identify why you need culture change
- Section 1: Why is Culture important? – Understand the business case for a positive culture and the benefits
- Section 2: What is Culture? – Definition of organizational culture; learn a framework for designing organizational culture
- Section 3: Diagnosing Organizational Culture – Perform a current state analysis on present cultural conditions
- Section 4: Managing Organizational Culture – Develop a high level action plan to get started
- Section 5: Final Activity and Commitments – Discuss culture and change management.
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom – lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises
Cost: $65 members / $115 non-members
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class date. All registrations are subject for approval.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Sedrick Evans is a Human Resources Executive with more than 20 years of experience transforming HR organizations, programs and practices to support business goals. He has held several HR executive and leadership roles for companies in the utility, financial services, information technology and customer service industries.
He is currently providing strategic and tactical HR consulting to various clients and individuals. His philosophy is to help organizations create balance in their short and long term strategic planning process. By aligning a human capital plan with your business objectives, allows organizations better success to meet and exceed their financial targets and goals.
Sedrick is passionate about identifying and solving problems that produce effective and positive results for the company and its employees. His collaborative approach to HR challenges leaders at all levels to be the best they can be, which will increase employee engagement across the organization.
His areas of expertise include change and performance management, team effectiveness, total rewards, leadership development and team building. His executive coaching and organizational development skills have been known to increase communication, engagement and productivity.
Sedrick is a member of and holds accreditations with the Society of Human Resource Management and HRCI. He is an adjunct facilitator for CNM Connect non-profit leadership development program. He is also a graduate of Hardin-Simmons University, BBA in Business Management with emphasis on HR.