Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
Effective Fundraising Leadership
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Leadership is the number one success factor in any fundraising endeavor. In this session, participants explore:
- Board and staff leadership in fundraising
- Ethical practice in fundraising
- How diversity and inclusion impact fundraising
- The issues of “overhead” and “full costs”
- Measuring fundraising effectiveness
Discussions will draw on pre-reads and participants’ experiences in fundraising to clarify roles and challenges leaders must be prepared to address to ensure their organizations are positioned for fundraising success.
- Understand the role of the development professional
- Identify the important leadership role of board members in fundraising
- Understand ethical practice in fundraising
- Learn how diversity & inclusion impact fundraising
- Explore the overhead myth
- Understand the importance of covering “full costs”
- Understand how to measure fundraising effectiveness
Program Level: Advanced
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 3 hours
CFRE Points: 3.5 points
Cost: $65 members / $115 non-members
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class.
All registrations are subject for approval.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Carole Rylander, CFRE
Carole inspires and engages nonprofit leadership to maximize mission impact by enhancing fund development, planning and governance practices. A frequent speaker and facilitator, she draws on more than 30 years of service in the nonprofit sector to benefit board and staff members with highly rated workshops. (For more information visit www.rylanderassociates.com)
Prior to establishing Rylander Associates in 1998, Carole was with the Greater Dallas Community of Churches where she served as senior development officer for 14 years. Before entering the nonprofit sector, she worked for eight years in the commercial and documentary film production industry in Dallas. Carole has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Oral Communications, Radio-TV-Film from Baylor University and undertook concentrated studies in Marketing and Theater.
When she is not serving clients, facilitating workshops or making presentations, Carole spends time with her husband and any of their three adult children who happen to visit. At home, Carole enjoys watching classic movies, reading and observing the birds that frequent her feeders. Around town, she enjoys musicals and concerts.