Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact Membership@thecnm.org for the code if you don't know it!
- This event has passed.
Developing the Most Powerful Tool in Fund Development: The Case Statement
January 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Vision, mission and values statements are essential, but are not substantive enough to compel a prospect to give. Strategic plans are vital as well, but not compelling to read. How, then, do we talk about our organization to prospects and donors? How are we describing the problem our organization addresses and the impact our work creates? What materials do we use to give donors what they really want – An in-depth picture the change their gifts will create! How can we ensure the messages communicated by Board members and staff are consistent? And finally, how do we shape compelling messages that move our diverse constituents to action?
The Case for Support is the most powerful tool in funds development! It is the future-oriented “A to Z” story, told in a compelling manner with client stories and statistics, of a community problem and the change to be generated as the result of an organization’s work. The Case Statement is the basis for personal solicitations, direct mail campaigns, written proposals, speeches, brochures and even communications with the media.
A compelling case statement:
- Substantiates the value of the organization’s mission and impact of its activities to potential board members and volunteers,
- Builds synergy & “shared purpose” among board and staff,
- Provides language so everyone can speak eloquently about programs,
- Gives prospects and donors a clear picture of the natural state of the problem your program’s impact,
- Ensures organizational messages are consistent,
- Generates targeted messages for diverse constituency groups and sound, compelling proposals for funding sources.
In this hands-on workshop participants craft and present their key message statements. They leave the workshop with an outline and framework for drafting a compelling case for support. As a result, their organizations are on the way to benefiting from this powerful communications and funds development tool!
- Understand the purpose and uses of the case statement
- Explore the structure of the case statement
- Create an outline of your case statement and present it to course participants for feedback
- Constituency Mapping
- Jargon and Marketing
- The Case Statement
- Create case statement outline
- Presentation of outlines
- Wrap up
Program Level: All levels
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 6 hours
**Note: There will be a working lunch. Please bring your own lunch.**
Special offering for up to 8 organizations – Price is per organization (each nonprofit can bring 2 participants)
$200 per member organization
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
With more than 30 years of service in the nonprofit sector, Carole Rylander maximizes mission impact by solving fund development, planning and governance challenges. The Dallas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals named Carole the 2006 Outstanding Fundraising Executive. In addition, she is a past president of the Chapter, has held accreditation as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) since 1990 and is a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer.