Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact email@example.com for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
Cyber Security: Risk Management for Nonprofits
October 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Nonprofit organizations are no less likely to be the target of a cyber attack than for-profit companies. However, the consequences for a nonprofit can be much worse because our ability to achieve our mission depends on the goodwill of our stakeholders, and if we lose our reputation, we risk losing everything.
So what should we be doing?
This course will offer a framework for assessing and managing cyber risks and will offer guidance for responding to a crisis. Participants will also have the opportunity to create a framework for a working crisis management plan.
- Gaining a general understanding of the risk to nonprofits of a cyber attack;
- Tools to draft a cyber security policy, risk management plan and crisis management plan
- Develop an understanding of how to manage the business consequences of a cyber attack.
- Creation of a framework for a crisis management plan specific to your organization.
- Risks to nonprofits of a cyber attack
- Actions to take to help protect against a cyber attack
- How to respond to a cyber attack
- Creation of a crisis management plan
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom – lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises
Social Worker CEU Credits: 3 hours
Cost: $65 members / $115 non-members
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class date. All registrations are subject for approval.