ATTENTION – Members, make sure you enter your discount code and click “Apply” to activate the discount. CNM does not refund the difference if the discount code is not applied at the time of transaction. Contact email@example.com for the code if you do not know it!
- This event has passed.
Creating Compelling Messages that Engage Donors and Raise Money
March 11, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Successful fundraising depends on compelling messages. Vision, mission and values statements are essential, but are not substantive enough to compel a prospect to give. Strategic plans are vital, but not compelling to read. How, then, do we talk compellingly to prospects and donors? How can we ensure the messages communicated by board and staff members are consistent? And finally, how do we deliver compelling messages that create empathy and motivate prospects and donors to action?
- Demonstrates constituency mapping, a tool for understanding different like-minded groups in an organization’s universe
- Explores a powerful formula for creating compelling messages that give prospects and donors the information they really want
- Applies this formula to logic models, impact speeches and the case for support
- Allows you to create and practice your own impact speech
- Explores logic model, impact speech and case for support samples
As a result, you will leave this session knowing how to create compelling, consistent messages that board and staff members can use to motivate prospects and donors to action.
After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Learn how to create a constituency map
- Understand a powerful messaging formula
- Explore logic models, impact speeches and case statements
- Create and practice an impact speech
- Examine sample logic models, impact speeches and case statements
Program Level: All levels
Instructional Method: Online via Zoom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 2 hours
CFRE: 2.5 points
Cost: $65 members / $115 non-members
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class. All registrations are subject for approval.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Carole Rylander, CFRE
Carole inspires and engages nonprofit leadership to maximize mission impact by enhancing fund development, planning and governance practices. A frequent speaker and facilitator, she draws on more than 30 years of service in the nonprofit sector to benefit board and staff members with highly rated workshops. (For more information visit www.rylanderassociates.com)
Prior to establishing Rylander Associates in 1998, Carole was with the Greater Dallas Community of Churches where she served as senior development officer for 14 years. Before entering the nonprofit sector, she worked for eight years in the commercial and documentary film production industry in Dallas. Carole has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Oral Communications, Radio-TV-Film from Baylor University and undertook concentrated studies in Marketing and Theater.
When she is not serving clients, facilitating workshops or making presentations, Carole spends time with her husband and any of their three adult children who happen to visit. At home, Carole enjoys watching classic movies, reading and observing the birds that frequent her feeders. Around town, she enjoys musicals and concerts.