ATTENTION – CNM is pleased to announce we are offering our public seminars online via Zoom. In addition, we are going to begin curating a collection of on-demand public seminars that can be purchased and downloaded to view on your own schedule. We look forward to serving you and meeting your needs for professional development in new, innovative ways.
Due to current CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19, CNM has put our in-person public seminars and certificate programs on hold.
Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact email@example.com for the code if you don’t know it!
- This event has passed.
ABCs of Grant Seeking
January 29 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Grant proposal writing should be an integral part of your overall fundraising program. Do you have essential knowledge and skills needed to develop effective foundation proposals? Do you know the three types of proposals? Do you know the 11 parts of a proposal? Do you know the five stages of grant seeking?
This session will help you develop a grant proposal writing process with tips, techniques and templates to help make your organization more successful with grant support.
Suitable for those new to grant seeking and those with experience who want to improve their grant seeking skills.
- How to get prepared to seek grant funding.
- Research, and develop a targeted list of foundation funding prospects.
- Learn the key components of a competitive grant proposal, such as developing a compelling needs statement, learning best practices for developing a well-organized budget, using a logic model to craft the project description and program evaluation.
- Prepare and submit proposals online and otherwise.
- Getting ready – it starts with your organization
- Finding and contacting potential funders
- Key components of a proposal
- Packaging the proposal
- After the grant is awarded or declined
Program Level: Basic – Intermediate
Prerequisites: None, no advanced preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEU Credits: 6 hours
CFRE Points: 6 points
Cost: $125 Early Bird Member / $150 Member / $200 Non-member
Please note: Registration closes two days prior to the class.
All registrations are subject to approval.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sharon Neal brings many years of experience in the philanthropic community as grant seeker, a grant maker and a grant administrator to help demystify all stages of the grantseeking process from identification to stewardship. She is currently the Director of Foundation Giving at UT Southwestern Medical Center.