Members, make sure you enter coupon code and click on apply coupon to get your discount.
Contact Membership@thecnm.org for the code if you don't know it!
ABCs of Grant Seeking
March 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Grant proposal writing should be an integral part of your overall fundraising program. Do you have essential knowledge and skills needed to develop effective foundation proposals? Do you know the three types of proposals? Do you know the 11 parts of a proposal? Do you know the five stages of grant seeking?
This session will help you develop a grant proposal writing process with tips, techniques and templates to help make your organization more successful with grant support.
Suitable for those new to grant seeking and those with experience who want to improve their grant seeking skills.
- How to get prepared to seek grant funding.
- Research, and develop a targeted list of foundation funding prospects.
- Learn the key components of a competitive grant proposal, such as developing a compelling needs statement, learning best practices for developing a well-organized budget, using a logic model to craft the project description and program evaluation.
- Prepare and submit proposals online and otherwise.
I. Getting ready – it starts with your organization
II. Finding and contacting potential funders
III.Key components of a proposal
IV.Packaging the proposal
V. After the grant is awarded or declined
Program Level: Basic-Intermediary
Prerequisites: None, no advance preparation required
Instructional Method: Adult In-person classroom
Social Worker CEUs: 6 hours
CFRE points: 6 points
$125 early bird members (by February 27) / $150 regular member / $200 non-members
* You’ll have a one hour lunch break – food is not provided*
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sharon Neal brings many years of experience in the philanthropic community as grant seeker, a grant maker and a grant administrator to help demystify all stages of the grant-seeking process from identification to stewardship. She is currently the Director of Foundation Giving at UT Southwestern Medical Center.