EDUCATION > MARKETING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
nonprofit MARKETING certificate
Marketing tactics and strategies are an ever-shifting target in today’s fast-paced, insta-like environment. However, learning today’s marketing best practices and how you can develop an on-target marketing plan can help you ensure your organization’s mission and message are heard.
This certificate is ideal for professionals early in their marketing career seeking more exposure to marketing best practices and nonprofit professionals, such as development staff and Executive Directors, wearing many hats who may not have full-time internal professional marketing resources. It’s an opportunity for marketing professionals who are too busy meeting agency needs to create a Marketing Plan. The Certificate is also a professional development opportunity for marketing/PR/event professionals to achieve broader, higher level, and more current skills.
Over the course of the Marketing Certificate program, participants will interactively develop a strategic Marketing Plan for their agency.
- Create marketing objectives and strategies that support agency goals for fundraising, volunteer recruitment, target client outreach, new program/service launches, and other areas
- Utilize social media, media relations, marketing communications, and events to help promote the nonprofit
- Improve messaging, storytelling and website content
- Develop communications programs that engage donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders that inspire them to become ambassadors
- Manage across part-time/full-time staff members, volunteers, and outside resources to maximize marketing results
- Develop and sell a marketing budget
- Measure results to evaluate progress and improve marketing
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Early Bird Member Rate: $400
Regular Member Rate: $600
Non-member rate $750
* Early bird member rate ends Friday, August 27, 2021
Aliah M. Henry
Aliah is the Chief Executive Officer for The Henry Group, a consulting firm specializing in Organizational Strategy, Fund Development and Communications for small businesses and nonprofits. She has 20 years of experience in Management, Retail Banking and the Nonprofit area. Aliah secured $1.2M dollars in foundation grants and has experience in planning and executing events; while raising $75,000 – $130,000 for the annual CHAIRity Friendraiser for the Dallas Furniture Bank, during her tenure. She received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology from Morris College, holds a Certificate in Nonprofit Management and an MBA from Texas Christian University. She is the founder, producer and host of The Aliah Henry Show, a video podcast show focused on highlighting Business, Women, Health and issues that impact the Community. Aliah is an active member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a founding member of the HERitage Giving Fund and a past Board Member of Literacy Instruction for Texas, CEO Nonprofit Council and the Bryan’s House. She is committed and passionate on the issues of Homelessness, Education and Women and Children’s issues. She resides in Grand Prairie with her husband, Anthony and son, Anthony Jr.
“The Marketing Certificate course was extremely helpful to me in putting together my nonprofit organization’s first ever strategic marketing plan. The Retina Foundation of the Southwest is using this plan to attract new donors, volunteers, and event go-ers who are passionate about our mission. I am very grateful for the things I learned in CNM’s class and would recommend the course to anyone looking to be strategic about their nonprofit’s marketing.”
Development & Marketing Specialist
Retina Foundation of the Southwest