Education > MARKETING
nonprofit MARKETING certificate
Marketing tactics and strategies are an ever-shifting target in today’s fast-paced, insta-like environment. However, learning today’s marketing best practices and how you can develop an on-target marketing plan can help you ensure your organization’s mission and message are heard.
This certificate is ideal for professionals early in their marketing career seeking more exposure to marketing best practices and nonprofit professionals, such as development staff and Executive Directors, wearing many hats who may not have full-time internal professional marketing resources. It’s an opportunity for marketing professionals who are too busy meeting agency needs to create a Marketing Plan. The Certificate is also a professional development opportunity for marketing/PR/event professionals to achieve broader, higher level, and more current skills.
Over the course of the Marketing Certificate program, participants will interactively develop a strategic Marketing Plan for their agency. Interactive sessions can help you:
- Create marketing objectives and strategies
- Effectively use social media, website and other key marketing communications tools
- Improve messaging and storytelling
- Decide how much to invest in marketing
- Manage across part-time/full-time staff members, volunteers, and outside resources to maximize marketing results
- Measure results to evaluate progress and improve marketing
Vin Hoey is managing director of Strategic4sight, which provides cutting-edge Strategic Plan and Marketing Plan consulting services to help nonprofits define, market, and achieve their futures. He led brand strategy and communications for the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas. During a long ExxonMobil career, Vin served as global marketing communications manager for the chemicals division and served in corporate communications leadership positions in the U.S. and Europe. Vin has taught at SMU, UNT, and the Center for Nonprofit Management. Throughout his career, he has provided significant volunteer leadership on the boards of 20 different local, national and international nonprofit organizations; chaired seven nonprofit boards; and co-founded two agencies. He serves on the board of Heart House and on the Advisory Councils of Project Transformation North Texas and the Social Enterprise Alliance-North Texas.
CNM Fort Worth
1701 River Run, Suite 1002
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Early Bird Member Rate: $400
Regular Member Rate: $600
Non-member rate $900
* Early bird member rate ends August 24, 2018.
* All CNM guests must park on the 6th level of the parking garage located next to the tall Westbend I office building where CNM is located. CNM’s lease agreement requires that CNM visitors park on this designated level. Violations will result in CNM’s eviction and/or your vehicle being towed. Thank you for helping us to be good tenants! Westbend parking garage is free, bright, clean, safe, video-monitored, and has elevators and music.
“The Marketing Certificate course was extremely helpful to me in putting together my nonprofit organization’s first ever strategic marketing plan. The Retina Foundation of the Southwest is using this plan to attract new donors, volunteers, and event go-ers who are passionate about our mission. I am very grateful for the things I learned in CNM’s class and would recommend the course to anyone looking to be strategic about their nonprofit’s marketing.”
Development & Marketing Specialist
Retina Foundation of the Southwest
For more than 35 years, CNM has helped strengthen nonprofits by offering affordable education and management consulting services to our members. We broadened our mission in early 2015 to strengthen communities by connecting and engaging nonprofits and other stakeholders through thought leadership, management expertise and outcomes technology.
Keep in Touch
2902 Floyd Street
Dallas, TX 75204
1701 River Run, # 1002
Fort Worth, TX 76107