The Winston School seeks a Marketing & Development Assistant to support all aspects of marketing and fundraising on behalf of the school. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Marketing & Development Assistant is an integral part of the Winston Community. This position helps to shape both internal and external communications and interacts with donors at all levels, by coordinating event logistics and providing excellent stewardship. Prior experience working in a school environment is strongly preferred. This position is 30 hours per week.
- Coordinate projects including promotional campaigns, advertising and collateral production
- Co-create the Annual Report for our donors and other communication
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of all marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Assist with website management and updating social media platforms
- Maintain donor records in database
- Processes acknowledgment letters
- Assist with event planning and special giving campaigns such as North Texas Giving Day and alumni outreach
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, English, or related field
- 1-2 years of work experience at a non-profit organization, preferably a school environment. Significant non-profit internship experience in addition to work experience considered.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices, preferably demonstrated through job-related experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and social media applications. Experience with donor management systems preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in online and digital communications, as well as experience with web content management, web design, and graphic design, preferred
- Experience interacting with donors or high net worth individuals (preferred)
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading, and oral communication skills
- Skilled at working with others on a team and contributing to the community we serve
- Willing to go above and beyond “regular” duties as needed
- Available for 30 hours of work per week
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin in early August.