Position: Development Associate (Full Time)
Nexus Main Campus: 8733 La Prada Drive, Dallas TX 75228
Actual: (Finance and Development Off-Campus Office) 3312 North Buckner Blvd., Suite 232
Reports to: Director of Development & PR
Position Summary: The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development and Public Relations, and be responsible for helping advance all aspects of the Department of Development and Public Relations strategic goals. The Development Associate must conduct themselves in accordance with the Nexus mission and brand at all times.
Bachelor's degree. Two years of nonprofit experience. Proficient with MS Office Suite. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to execute complex administrative tasks and manage multiple and competing demands. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Professional demeanor while interacting with varying internal and external constituents in person, electronically, and on the telephone. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in fundraising, public relations/marketing, sales and/or customer service. Experience working with nonprofit donors or board members. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience using social media in a work setting. Experience coordinating meetings and compiling detailed reports. A detail oriented, self- starter, able to problem solve.
The Development Associate provides support to funds development at Nexus Recovery Center. Responsibilities include helping the Department meet the annual fundraising goal by maintaining relationships with high level volunteers, including the Women’s Auxiliary of Nexus, and individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Grants: Assist with grant management, including grant writing, maintaining grant calendar, grant reminders, and research.
- Events: Assist with Nexus fundraising and public relations events and event promotion on and off campus, as well as third party events.
- Corporate Development: Support for the Nexus Corporate Council, recruitment of Corporate donors and partners, and represent Nexus at networking events.
- Database Management: at times update donor information in SAGE/Abila donor database, use database to efficiently and effectively meet goals, including acknowledgment letters, reports, invitation lists, and provide detailed research as needed.
- Fundraising Campaigns & Public Relations: at times use social media to post and promote the Nexus mission, including clients stories. Assistance with the creation of the Nexus Newsletter and Annual Report.
- Experience working in a non- profit essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the operation of personal computers and mobile devices and related software; must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Database management and utilization experience essential
- Raiser’s Edge, Sage, Donor Perfect, Salesforce, etc.
- Maintain strong communication with Director of Development and PR.
- Ability to work in a team environment and under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands in a fast past environment.
- Ability to delegate and oversee the work of any staff, interns, or volunteers on a specific project.
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment with Nexus Women’s Auxiliary, event partners, volunteers, and donors.
- Willingness to learn and implement best practices.
- Adherence to the Donor Bill of Right as established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to Alicia Peoples at firstname.lastname@example.org .