Education > Management
nonprofit management certificate
The Nonprofit Management Certificate Program, sponsored by The Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, is a cohort of seven full-day sessions that provide in-depth instruction on the key components of the operations of a nonprofit.
As a cohort, students learn together what it takes to operate a nonprofit organization in a rapidly changing environment. A mix of theory and practice, the certificate program covers governing, leading and managing, resource acquisition, outcomes evaluation, risk management and legal, and marketing.
Our instructors come from varied business and educational background with track records of success in their respective fields and areas of expertise.
- Understanding the Nonprofit Sector, Organization and Strategic Planning
- Program Planning, Evaluation, and Sustainability
- Human Resources and Volunteer Management
- Financial Management
- Fund Development
- Risk Management and Nonprofit Legal
- Branding, Marketing and PR
Please note: You must attend all seven sessions to obtain your certificate.
- Identify major theories of management and explain the relevance of these principles to nonprofit management
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizational factors that indicate excellence in a nonprofit organization, including incorporation of ethics and values into the management of the organization
- Demonstrate the components of a nonprofit organization and the ways in which they should be managed in order to achieve internal consistency and integrity
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and points of view needed by nonprofit professionals
Arlington Parks and Recreation Board Room
717 W. Main
Arlington, Texas 76013
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuition and Requirements:
Thanks to the generosity of Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, should you be awarded this opportunity, your organization’s fee per person will be $600 (un-subsidized non-member rate: $1,200).
Application will open June 1, 2019 and is due July 16, 2019
1. CNM will notify applicants of their enrollment status by July 19, 2019.
2. Once notified of your acceptance, tuition must be received before the first session.
Preference will be given to organizations that are located in and serving the Arlington community. Consideration will be given to organizations that are located outside of Arlington but have satellite offices in, or provide services to the Arlington community.
1: July 30, 2019
2: August 13, 2019
3: August 27, 2019
4: September 17, 2019
5: September 24, 2019
6: October 8, 2019
7: October 15, 2019
Application will be available June 1, 2019!
For nearly 40 years, CNM has helped strengthen nonprofits by offering affordable education and management consulting services to our members. We broadened our mission in early 2015 to strengthen communities by connecting and engaging nonprofits and other stakeholders through thought leadership, management expertise and outcomes technology.
Keep in Touch
2902 Floyd Street
Dallas, TX 75204
1701 River Run, # 1002
Fort Worth, TX 76107